Climate change has become a major part of the global public agenda, and we must recognise the significant impact the built environment has on the world.
The property sector is a major contributor to greenhouse gas emissions, and in order to meet the commitments of the Paris Climate Agreement, CRE needs to continue to invest and see the value of ESG measures.
EG is hosting an exclusive sustainability event with some of the biggest names in CRE.
In the morning, join us for a guided walking tour of a real life example of sustainable measures within the CRE industry. Supported by Derwent London, take a trip to the Caledonian Solar Park at Lochfauld Farm, to learn and visualise the opportunities in renewables, offsetting and biodiversity.
Later, at Cadworks, a building designed with social responsibility at its forefront, we will discuss the pressing issues in our industry and ask the important question – how will CRE enact change to combat climate change?
What to expect:
- 10:30-12:30 Walking tour – limited availability, don’t miss out!
- 12:30-13:15: Event Registration
- 13:15 – 13:45: Opening Interview: How to B more Patagonia?
- 13:45-14:45 Panel: Financing sustainability: who is going to pay for the future proofing of our built environment?
- 15:05 – 16:00: Panel 2: What should real estate really be doing to help fight climate change?
- 16:00 – 16:30: EG perspective: Addressing the ESG Challenge: “If you can’t measure it, you can’t improve it”